9 Dating Tips To Help You Meet The Right Person
So you’re done chasing a new thrill every week and you’re ready to settle down with a special sweetheart? It will, however, take some adjusting from your old ways to be able to attract a mate who is looking for more than an opportunity to just fool around. Here are nine tips to get you started.
- Practice Flirting: Getting confidence that transcends drunkenness can take work. Attend social events where you get the chance to interact casually with a number of different individuals.
- Stay Clean: You want to be seen at your best by someone who can imagine you getting even better. Nobody is perfect but doing your hair and having nicely trimmed and filed fingernails never hurt anyone.
- Manners: “Please” and “thank you” go a long way towards winning the favor of a mate. Extend other considerations such as promoting open and engaged body-language as well as tone-of-voice. Love is kind.
- Work on Eye Contact: Sincerity and passion can be transferred by the eyes better than nearly any other way. If your eyes are shooting in every direction except in the direction of your lover, then you are probably avoiding more than eye contact.
- Think About Your Future: Don’t lay all of your wedding plans out on your first date but having an idea of what will make you happy in life will clue your partner into how to earn your favor in a real way.
- Be Choosy: If you know that you need a certain trait in a mate, don’t waste time trying to make it work with someone who doesn’t have this characteristic. You’ll never get those years back and you can’t force someone to “learn” the characteristic you want.
- Don’t Waste Time: A follow up to rule 6, make sure to not avoid serious discussions. Those issues will crop up again in the future and there will be more time riding on it and less patience.
- Honor Yourself: Once you determine what you are worth to yourself, you’ll never let anyone treat you otherwise. Respect the value you offer yourself and always remain your own best-friend.
- Mix It Up: If dating in place A isn’t working for you, try places B, C, D, E and F until something hits the spot. Your personality has many sides, explore love in each of them.
When you’re looking for the special one, you want to make sure the approach you take isn’t just “game.” These nine tips should keep you in the fast lane to the land of long-term love.